Friday, March 28, 2014

Sell Yourself!

I'm No Marketing Expert, By Any Stretch Of The Imagination. But Seriously. How Can You Have A Pro, Semi-Pro, Minor League, Etc. Sports Team That Has A Shit Brand. I'm A Hockey Fan, I Travel A Bit, Honestly, I'm A Little Odd And I Collect Things From Places I've Been, Things I Like, And Sometimes Things That Are Associated With Other Things I Like.
For Example, One Of The Minor League Affiliates For The Dallas Stars, My Favorite NHL Team (Who Are Really Not That Good As Of Right Now, But Better Than They Have Been), Is A Team Called The Idaho Steelheads. I'm Looking On Their Website. Their A Decent Little Team. They Have A Cool Logo, As Most Of The Guys In Their League Do. You Figure, With A Meager Amount Of Talent, You Could Do Some Cool Things With That. Nope. Not A Chance. They Have Like Six Things In Their Store...
I Grew Up In Odessa, TX. We Had A CHL Team For A While, That Has Since Downgraded To NAHL. No Online Store At All. As A Matter Of Fact, As Far As I Can Tell, All Of Two NAHL Teams Have Branded Products You Can See On Their Websites And They're Pretty Much Just Ads For You To Come To The Fan Shop. What The Hell? In A Digital Age, You Would Think You Could Buy A Decent Looking T-Shirt Or Cap Of A Team In Idaho Or A Jersey From A Minor League Team Across The State. I Don't Know. Dear People Of The Internet, Sell Your Brand! It's All You Have.
I Work For A Company Who Also Does Very Little By Way Of Branded Product. Sure, They Have A Facebook Page, But That's Just Not Enough. I've Tried In The Past To Bring Designs To The Guys Doing Apparel And What-Not, But Have Only Been Met With Resistance. Truthfully, It's Not MY Brand, But I Know I Missed Opportunity When I See One. - BB

Currently -
Listening To Atmosphere - You Can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having
Vaping Babe by The Vape Escape OK

No comments:

Post a Comment